Howdy Folks

CSDELONG

Wanted to start out saying that this is a great forum and from what I have read everybody seems to get along great here. I am new to knife making, in fact I have not even made one yet, just trying to get all the information I can before I make that first blade. Looking at making knives for law enforcement/ EMS applications ( I am an ex Deputy from Texas, now an officer here in Michigan). Well that's all there is for now. Hope to talk to some of y'all soon.

Clayton

welcome to the pack here at KD's

Perhaps you will come up with a winning design at a low enough price point to sell a lot in those markets?
I have sold a few to local police over the years for home and collects but concerning duty knives, I useally hear them say.

I like the really cheap ones cause I use them to pick locks and stuff and break them quite frequently.

If I can help you get started knife making in any way just ask and I will help if I can.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Welcome, nice to have you here. This is a great board for learning knifemaking :)

I bet you are well received in Michigan with that southern accent :lol:

Thank you for the offer, I will take you up on it sometime soon...I have been thinking of a good all purpose design that will work great in the field....As I draw up some sketches I will post them here for opinions from everybody.

Welcome, nice to have you here. This is a great board for learning knifemaking :)

I bet you are well received in Michigan with that southern accent :lol:

LOL...oh I get some strange looks when I tell people where I am from, they always respond with "why the heck did you move here".

Back