How do you display your collection?

Mark Behnke

Just wondering. Being a beginning maker and just getting to the point of having made a few I would like to display.

Just laying on a n end table doesn't seem appropriate.

Thanks
Mark

DSC_2043.jpg

DSC_2046.jpg

DSC_2045.jpg

DSC_2048.jpg

Currently the knives are stored in a 5 drawer map chest, another small chest and a bunch of dresser drawers as well as a glass doored cabinet. One day I hope to put sliding glass doors on the 3 large wooden cases I had made and get them mounted on the wall. ;)

DSCN3552-1.jpg

I have some good ones locked up in our safe room. The really good ones are in the jeans I decide to wear at the moment.

A few months ago I sold out my entire reloading room to a guy with a truck and big wad of hundred dollar bills. I wonder if he likes knives.

People change. I'm a people.

Speaking of displaying collections, as part of the introduction of David Darom's new Book "The World of Art Knives" I will have my Fisk collection on display at this year's Blade Show in the ABS section at table 16-O.

Please drop by, I would love to meet you. If I'm not there when you drop by, I will be at the CKCA Booth in the lobby next to the entry doors.

Larry Bailey was gracious enough to allow me to use his table this year.

i keep a few of my knives in a display-box. it sits on top of a sideboard, when i don't take it into the sun for taking a pic ...

as our life is constantly changing, all the rest is packed up in a peli 1650 or two.

greetings,
olli

Attachments

• DSC01650.jpg
    DSC01650.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 53
i keep a few of my knives in a display-box. it sits on top of a sideboard, when i don't take it into the sun for taking a pic ...

as our life is constantly changing, all the rest is packed up in a peli 1650 or two.

greetings,
olli

Good looking display.

I go with the curio cabinet. The one we have is one of the kind split into a top and bottom portion.

I have my Benchmade knives in the top, the ever-indulgent wife has her Swarovski crystal in the bottom half.

One tip: at shows such as BLADE check with the production companies - you can often get a nice display rack for little or no cost if you're willing to be there when they're packing up. You can fit a lot more knives in a display if they're on racks.

But I also have a wall unit like Frstr8 showed. I use it for knives I look at a lot more than carry.

And I have a countertop display I keep some of my more 'special' (mostly just to me) knives in that sits on my dresser so I can look at 'em. The wall display is over my dresser.

thanks kevin!
your sideboard looks fantastic, something i can imagine for myself one day. i guess the "top displays" were made to your order?

greetings,
olli

I go with the curio cabinet. The one we have is one of the kind split into a top and bottom portion.

I have my Benchmade knives in the top, the ever-indulgent wife has her Swarovski crystal in the bottom half.

One tip: at shows such as BLADE check with the production companies - you can often get a nice display rack for little or no cost if you're willing to be there when they're packing up. You can fit a lot more knives in a display if they're on racks.

But I also have a wall unit like Frstr8 showed. I use it for knives I look at a lot more than carry.

And I have a countertop display I keep some of my more 'special' (mostly just to me) knives in that sits on my dresser so I can look at 'em. The wall display is over my dresser.

I use most of the knives I own with the exception of my bali's. I have a BM42 I flip and a Mayhem I used to carry as an EDC and still do from time to time. The rest of the bali's are left alone. Most of my knives are kept in the cases and pulled out when I want to carry them.

thanks kevin!
your sideboard looks fantastic, something i can imagine for myself one day. i guess the "top displays" were made to your order?
greetings,
olli

Thanks olli, I make them.

Here's a company making some incredible collectible storage/display cases.
http://jwwinchestercases.com/?cases,20

The company's owner Jeff Slobodian is Scott Slobodian (yes, the knifemaker's) brother. Small world.

Last edited:
Thanks olli, I make them.

Here's a company making some incredible collectible storage/display cases.
http://jwwinchestercases.com/?cases,20

The company's owner Jeff Slobodian is Scott Slobodian (yes, the knifemaker's) brother. Small world.

awesome! thanks for the info.

maybe you have heard of them, http://www.doettling.com/doettling_en/ they make some of the finest safe's money can buy. one day i'm gonna own one to hold my entire collections. at least, thats the goal :)

greetings,
olli

Just a few of them here, the balance in a 6 drawer Kennedy Tool chest (painted black).
This frame is 4' 6'' x 6' 6''

IMG_0525-1.jpg

I like Kevin's way of displaying. Myself I don't really display my knives. I have a felt lined tray on my knight table with a few knives I EDC. When I get dressed I put one in my pocket according to what I'm wearing.

Back