Hot Rods you own pics... Lets see them!

Pulling truck

This pic was from another era of my life. I was ate up with this stuff for years.

The Cliff Hanger circa 1998 or so.
PullingTruck001-1.jpg

I built the truck and running gear from scratch out of a friends junk yard in 1993. The truck went through miner changes with the frame and such but remained pretty much the way I originally built it. I built all the running gear, drive shafts, clutches, oiling system. I modified the dump truck transmission and rear axle and made the 15 inch by 15 inch wide wheels to fit the big truck hubs. I did a big part of the motor work and built my own carburetors and fuel systems, headers etc.

I won 4 points championships with it until basically retiring from it in 2000. I won the KTPA pro stock points championship in 2000 and that pretty much met all my goals. I still miss it when I think about it but its really a rich mans sport to compete and win. The only way I was able to was because I was able to do much of it myself and also do some work for competitors vehicles.

It is a rush in control of all that power and getting a 5800 pound truck hooked up and running with a 40,000 pound sled at nearly 35 miles an hour in a 300 foot dirt track. Pulling is the most powerful sport on earth.

Edit, I actually still have the truck sitting in one of the barns and have a almost completed motor sitting in the machine shop. Even though I should let someone else get some good from it and get it out of my way I can't bring myself to part with it. It's like a part of me.

Last edited:
Ok!!! Showing bikes too??? So you know I have too (two). HEHEHEHEHE!!!
I do all the work on them, paint and airbrushing too.
Indian 1947 Chief anf the HD is 1985 FXST first year for the EVO motor.:D

Here is my buggy. I built it out of a 87 yj. Has a 600 hp chevy 6.0 with built turbo 400. It sits on 49" iroks

Callientejuly182009051.jpg

Callientejuly182009052.jpg

mount034.jpg

dec08-jan09547.jpg

Back