Hollowpoint Folder for David Broadwell

Well, I just recently found out that Rick had posted this thread here (and in his sub forum). Back in the middle of February I was at a show in Los Angeles when he posted it, and I missed it.

I really liked Rick's designs from the beginning. They have a unique quality to them. While it falls into the "tactical" knife category, there is an artistic quality that isn't usually seen in most tacticals. After a couple of comments by me on the forums Rick gave me a call. Well, after talking with him I found out that he has a pretty serious artist's mentality. That clicked with me. We don't think like all you normal people! I saw Ricks designs as having a compatibility with my carving. Rick already understands how to use carving tools since he uses them to make his bevels, so we could speak the same language. After discussing a collaboration I agreed to do it. Then later on I suggested he just make me one of his Hollow Points in trade for me carving the scales on another one. Figured I'd get one before I had to do a gazillion bucks worth of carving after Rick becomes more famous!

I'll be carving the scales and maybe a couple of other components on a Hollow Point with damascus for Rick to sell. Yeah, he's going to study it so he can learn from it, so you guys encourage him to add carving and sculpting to his resume. We're hoping that it can be displayed in September in Vegas.

Rick, I'm looking forward to adding your knife to my little collection!

David

David,It is indeed a honor to collaborate with You.I've admired your artistic skills for years,Your style is truly unique.You are one talented hombre!:D
This friendship & collaboration with a great artist like David inspires me to strive to acchieve more creative designs incorporating more sculpting elements into my work,My design direction has been focused on a tactical sense of design.But as I look at David's work it gets my head thinking of fancier expressions of my designs.

This collaboration is a highlight as a designer & knifemaker!

David,I always enjoy talking with You.We think in the same context when it comes to artistic views.Looking forward to finishing up my part of the collaboration soon so You can do your thing!Thanks My Friend!:D

Back