Hi from north central Montana

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
Hi All,

My name's Ted. I have a small machine shop in Montana which is how I pay the bills. I've made a few knives and really enjoy it. I joined this forum because I notice there's no bickering and folks seem real decent to each other.....and all the beautiful craftsmanship fun to see.

keep up the good work everybody!

Hi Smallshop! This is a great forum, lots of helpful people.

You know what's next, right? Let's see those knives! :3:

Hi All,

My name's Ted. I have a small machine shop in Montana which is how I pay the bills. I've made a few knives and really enjoy it. I joined this forum because I notice there's no bickering and folks seem real decent to each other.....and all the beautiful craftsmanship fun to see.

keep up the good work everybody!

Hello Ted,
Welcome to the pack here at KDs

As Bossdog calls it,
this is a Family Friendly, No Drama Knife interest site.

We are glad to have you join!

Welcome to the friendliest place on the web!

The only drama here is when you are planning your next project. What and how to do it. If you can't figure it out, just ask for suggestions. We'll all help you out. It's one big family here.

hi ted,
i was teasing and you missed the joke. my mom's people are from south dakota. prairie coal is sun dried cow sh*t, they would burn it as a last resort if there was no other fuel. good luck with your new paragon furnace.
scott

Thanks Scott. I'm real excited to get a furnace. I had an O-1 blade a few years back that didn't get hard and got frustrated with my caveman technique and quit. So I finally have space and time, and proper tools, to get back to it......

My Great-great grandparents homesteaded here. The kids would have to collect cow crap all summer, strain it with water and make "brick" out of it. I think I heard they used and old coffee can with holes in the bottom. Fun way to spend the summer....

This is how they heated the shack all winter. Since there are no trees around here it was that or buy the low grade coal from the mine nearby. (that went out of business in the 1930s)

Back