Hi everybody!

Coondog

Greetings from Tennessee!
Name is Sam, but friends call me Coondog. Got interested in knife making in high school where they actually had a knife making course! Yep, as hard as it is to believe. Got huge circular saw mill blades from the local paper mill. Wish I could get them now!
Loved knives my entire life and started learning how to sharpen them from when I was 4 or so. So a sharp knife is the only knife to have, IMO.
Was an apprentice blacksmith for a couple of years but wasn't able to continue due to my mentor moving. Have a couple railroad spike knives and blacksmith knives, trying to set up my own forge and anvil but kind of hard due to no space.
Also do some stock removal, learning how to stabilize various materials and use various materials for scales. Wood,bone, horn, antler, micarta, g-10. It's all good stuff.
Anyway, HI!

Thanks everybody! Sorry, still trying to figure out the posting format. It will proabably take me awhile to get it all down.
Presently I'm working on a couple small blanks getting scales affixed and sheaths made.
Right now I'm doing most of my knives with already made blades and putting scales on them as sort of an experement to see what style of knife looks the best with what type of handle material.

I had mentioned about using large circular saw blades from saw mills. I found one pretty big one on e-bay for $9.99! Of course shipping is killing me but a 30" saw blade SHOULD produce a lot of knives. Thats of course if I don't mess them up......

Back