Help w/pocket clip install

TiMberWolf

Hello everybody, TiMberWolf is my handle and I am new here. I have a repair type of problem I was hoping sombody could give me the propper info on.

I have an older cold steel voyager tanto folder. It Had the plastic pocket clip. Well the pocket clip snapped of when it was accidentally dropped on a concreat floor a few years back.

In my online searches I found the usaknifemaker website recently, so I ordered a Titanium low rider split tail pocket clip, and some 4-40 screws and a 4-40 screw tap in the hopes of fixing the knife myself with a new pocket clip.

I got the parts from usaknifemaker the otherday and it seems the 4-40 srews are a little to big to fit through the mounting holes on the pocketclip.

Can someone tell me what the propper size screws and the size tap I need to mount the titanium low rider split tail pocket clip? Also what size pilot holes should I be drilling for the tap that I need? Or should i just widen the mounting holes in the pocket clip, which I would rather not have to do.

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

Yes, the 4 X 40 screws are far to large. I suggest 2 X 56 screws . The clearance hole for these is a No. 43 drill bit hole and the drill hole size for the tap is No. 50 Frank

Back