Hello From West Michigan!

Woodlab

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chuck…and occasionally you’ll see Mike on here as well. Mike owns Woodlab, a wood stabilizing service provider, which provides a variety of top quality stabilized handle materials for craftsman of many different trades including Blade Smithing (my favorite), game calls, fly fishing rod makers, etc.

In addition, both Mike and I love making sharp pointy things, so we’ll be posting some of our work here as well.

Mike has been stabilizing wood, bone, etc….pretty much since rocks first crumbled and became dirt. He’s been on a journey to continuously improve both his processes and products. I think you’ll like the results!

I am relatively new to the knife making scene…having started in 2005. I must say that I’ve found this community to be one of the most knowledgeable, open, and accepting groups of people I’ve ever had the privilege to meet. (more on that later…)

Anyway, Mike and I collaborate on a number of things together, so you will see both of us out here…but mostly it’ll be me, as Mike is scared of computers. 

We look forward to sharing our experiences with you and picking everyone’s brains for yours.

- Chuck Pippin- Tech Geek & Blade Smith
- Mike Blaskowitz- Owner of Woodlab & Mad Scientist Extraordinaire

www.woodlab.biz
www.keenedgephotos.com (see the gallery page for pics of our work)

Back