Hello from Victoria, Canada

Bert the Welder

Hello.
New on the forum and thought I'd say HI. Haven't made a knife yet, but am looking forward to the first. Waiting for grinder parts from USKM. Great folks to deal with. Going to build my own version of the NWG. Once I get the parts I'll get it designed. 4" x 1/4" wall sq. tube will the body and 1.5-2" for the arms. Looking forward to the designs and build. It will likely be welded for the most part but bolt together is nice if adjustments are needed. Been combing the web and youtube for everything on 2x72 grinders. Thanks to all that I've gotten so many good ideas from.
I'm a welder/artist. I do metal sculptures. A lot of bull kelp forms. I'm lucky to have a great shop to play in and room to spread out. I live in a rural wooded area outside the city with my wife and 2 Pitbulls and 2 Chihuahua's.
Look forward to learning more and more as I read through this site. Be prepared, the questions are going to be a comin'!!! :biggrin:
Bert
Wing Nut Designs
wingnutdesigns.com

Bert,
Welcome to the pack here at KD's. Let us know when you get your grinder up and running and take a look at the Tutorials and WIPs. Let the question fly!

Thanks guys. Was hoping there'd be a "Grinders" sub section, but don't see one so I'll do a search. Might be a good sub section to add. I'll try to shoot as I build. Been collecting various old files, including a couple boxes of farriers rasps for some starters.

Welcome to the dog pound. Great forum here with lots of guys willing to share tips, tricks and techniques.
Jim

Hey lived in Langford until about a year ago. Love it there. Moved out to Ontario and am on my way back to comox as we speak. Good luck in the future.

Back