Hello from TX!!

Hello Guys, Greetings from Texas!! I’ve been a member here for awhile but haven’t posted much. I’ve never introduced myself officially. Currently this is just a hobby for me, maybe later (after I retire, IF I retire) I’ll get more into it.

Haven’t really got into making my own blades yet, just tried my hand at stock removal of some old files. I’m not set up for anything else really…..heck, I’m only working with a regular bench sander and hand files right now anyhow.

Anyway, I grew up on a rice farm here in Southeast Texas and have always built things on my own for as long as I can remember. I’d rather build it myself even if it costs more than buying the same thing…..And usually it does cost more….Ha ha.

Below are some of the knifes I’ve made. I say made, actually I only make the grips and guards (if needed) and put it all together. I’ve only sold one knife, all the others I’ve given away to my friends and family.

Anyhow, thought I’d post some pics of a few knives I’ve done. Let me know what ya’ll think. This is just a few, I'm done more but failed to takes pics before they went on to their new homes :2:

First pic is of a hunting knife I made, handles are made from Spruce Cone that Ankrom Exotics had awhile back. The blade is Damascus from Two Finger Knife in Idaho.

jdeere7296-albums-grille-picture185682-pinecone-knife.jpg

Second pic is another hunting blade, this one is elk horn with buffalo horn/brass/ spacers in front. O1 tool steel blade was also from Two Finger Knife.

jdeere7296-albums-grille-picture185686-eriks-knife.jpg

3rd and 4th are a couple skinning knives I made, first is elk horn with corian and fiber spacers. Second is buffalo horn. Both blades are 440C

jdeere7296-albums-grille-picture185684-caping-knife.jpg

jdeere7296-albums-grille-picture185685-buffalo-knife.jpg

The 5th is a pic of some of the earlier knives I made, be gentle I was learning by trial and error….Ha Ha…

jdeere7296-albums-grille-picture185687-dsc01558.jpg

Welcome!
I really like your handle work on #1 2 & 3, No 4 came out a bit to blocky looking.
No5 is really cool and the two others look good!

I started using files on annealed older files and we ALL learn by trial & error.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Looks like you are learning quite well...
Glad to have you here on KDogs..
t

Back