Hello from the frozen tundra

ibhotrod

Hello everyone. Just starting out making knives as a father son bonding hobby. I've been interested in knife making for a while now. Just have had way too many interests to do them all. Now that my son is getting older there's not as many things we do together so I thought now's the time to try our hand at knife making. Hopefully we can do a decent job and keep doing it together.

Welcome from the not so frozen PA, but maybe soon if we are lucky, tired of this summer heat! Anyway, sounds like great plan, post some pics when you get one done.

Wayne

Welcome! If your like me, those other interests will be put on the back burner when the knife making bug bites. I have a strip wood kayak in my shop that I started making many years ago that Serves as work bench for knife making now. Several rc planes hanging from the ceiling that have'nt flown in years. And a few guitars that never get played anymore, and are in danger of being sold to buy more tools. :)

Thanks guys. Supper stoked to start on my first knife. I have been using the search to try and answer most of my questions. A forge will be the easy part. The grinder is started and taking shape. Still trying to figure out my best option for a motor. Jess Hoffman thanks for the offer. I will probably have all kinds of questions as I get started.

Started my very first knife yesterday. I bought a couple old files at a second hand store on Thursday. Then on Thursday night I took the temper out of one so I could work on it. Friday after work I cut it out and today on break at work I started to grind the edge in. I'm having a fun time playing with this one and 20150905_093419.jpgmy son is excited to start his own. Win for me! Here are a few pics if I can get them to load.20150904_144746.jpg20150903_195722.jpg

Back