Hello from the Boston Mountains of Arkansas

Airhog

Not new to knife making but dropped out for a while due to an accident. Just getting started back and have been lurking around your forum and you seem to have a good group of guys. Retired from 33 years of law enforcement and love to work on knives and AR rifles. Started posting before I properly introduced myself and I'm sorry for that. Hope to get to know a lot of you fellas and learn a lot. Thanks for the opportunity.

Glad to have you. An intro post is not required but is appreciated..
t

Aloha! Airhog any reference to scuba?

I am a certified diver but no. The name comes from the name of the Marijuana Eradication Team that I was on. We flew in helicopters all over the state eradicating marijuana. Thus the name Airhog. Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I knew there had to be some more Arkies here somewhere Murphy. Thanks Boss Dog, I didn't know for sure but I thought it was appropriate. Hope you guys teach me a lot. I love to learn. Especially when it comes to making things with my own hands. Knife making seemed to be a lost art until it made a come back several years ago. Glad to be aboard.

The name comes from the name of the Marijuana Eradication Team that I was on.

I've worked with several soldiers who served on the team. I heard this morning that they just made a 30K plant find ($60,000,000).

I don't suppose you heard where the find was did you? That is a large find. We usually found those big ones either down in the Dumas area or up in Carroll County.

Welcome Air Hog, as Murph syays we can have enough Arkies here!! What town do you live near??
Im just outside of Russellville.

God Bless
Mike

Mike, I grew up in Russellville and Atkins but I now live north of Van Buren about 15 miles out in the woods about a 1/4 mile from the OK line. Near a wide spot in the road called Uniontown. Stone Co. that is a big find for Stone Co. but they do have a lot of 60's hippies and out in the woods country boys. Remember the song Wildwood Weed? LOL

Brad, I didn't know we had so many Arkies on the forum. What part of AR are you from and thanks for the welcome. Andy

Brad, I didn't know we had so many Arkies on the forum. What part of AR are you from and thanks for the welcome. Andy

I'm not from AR... I'm from Tennessee... :) I was just joking anyway... Welcome!

As for TN, I live in Oakland, which is about 30 minutes east of Memphis.

Well, your a right close neighbor then. I'll bet you swing on into Memphis and get some BBQ now and then don't you. Try out one of your knives cutting those slabs of ribs. LOL. Nice to meet you Brad. Thanks for the welcome.

I work on the south side of Memphis, so I am going up 'into town' all the time... :) And BBQ is the BEST in Memphis! If you ever get over this way, let me know. We'll have to meet up.

Back