Hello from Rhode Island

Tomp

I start out wanted to sharpen a few knives and purchased a 1x30 from HF. That led to the old putty knive being transformed into something resembling a knife. I went through a lot of belts and ground a lot of half knives. Finally decided my first real knife would be a small kitchen knife (1095) for my mom for Christmas. It was coming along slow (1x30) and was looking good when heat treating turned it into a ribbon. Had to start over and now it was a birthday present. Finally finished it and completed my first knife. Next project was to be a hunter/drop point from o-1 for a buddy. Finally started it and couldn't take the 1x30 any longer. Of course I wanted 2x72,variable speed, lots of power,etc. I decided to build my own after seeing how much a machine with all those options would be. That took 3 months. I just finished the hunter/ drop point now from an old Nicholson file. What a difference a real machine makes!!!!! Through all the
steps I made there was a YouTube video to blame. I stumbled upon knife dogs many times during my research and finally decided to join. I look forward to learning more and sharing what I have learned.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Tomp. Your journey into knife making is a familiar one that I'm sure most of us can relate to in one way or another. It's nice to have you with us.

Back