Hello from OK

Lerch

Hi all

I just got interested in making knives around Christmas of last year and made the commitment around May to have a go at making them as a side job.

I currently have a Bader 2hp variable speed grinder and a EvenHeat 22.5" oven as well as a bunch of other equip.

I am working right now with stainless flat stock, mostly 440C and some CPM154. I am using dry ice in a yeti cooler to attempt a cryo treat and aluminum plates for quenching.

here is a pic of a couple of knives i have done so far

267451_218780158165827_212765782100598_600423_1346244_n.jpg

and here is my start of a shop

284680_216578715052638_212765782100598_592786_5761298_n.jpg

anyway just wanted to say hi

steve

thanks all

Im in El Reno. Actually if any of you know Gene Sears Supply in El Reno that is my family. I work there along with two other generations of family with Gene being my grandpa. I actually thought my dad had bought some knives from a Mike Miller over the last few years, not sure if this is the same guy but he always had some knives in our Friends of the NRA auctions every year. I actually have two Miller knives in my gun safe if there yours thats pretty wild to meet ya on here lol !!

Mr Coye a knife of yours actually sparked my interest in starting myself. You sold two knives to a deputy im friends with, Mike Stilley of Canadian County, he brought them by our shop to show them and i was very interested, so thankyou :)

Hopfully with some more practice my quality and skill level will go up and eventually i can have some real stuff to show off to you all!!

Im wanting to liquid nitrogen cryo treat my knives but i am having trouble finding a dewar that wont cost a arm and leg.

thanks
steve

Steve,

Mike's a great guy - did some training with him last fall. The brain trust here is pretty extensive as I continue to learn from these guys everyday.

Again, welcome.

BC

ya we have alot of fun shooting with Mike and some of the other tac team guys, Mike has now moved on to Yukon PD which is a little closer to me, i live in Mustang. We have had a few of the Sheriffs dept snipers shoot in the long range events we put on and shoot in around the state, all great shooters. Working in the industry i have been lucky enough to get to know alot of the PD and Sheriffs guys across the state, fun guys to talk to and always good stories to chew the fat on :)

I am sure i already have many questions for you all on stuff and i cant wait to learn more so i can eventually get to selling these things ( the wife will be relieved then) but i also understand if any one doesnt want to show any secrets, i know i gotta pave my way on some stuff :)

thanks
steve

That is me. Mark used to come out to the house. You probably sold me some turkey loads when I came out to the store. Moved to Chandler to be around my grandkids and have a better shop now. keep it up.

Back