hello from not so sunny CALIFORNIA

mr.gunwrench

hi yall MY name is jeff johnson I live in Oakdale CA. I am a fulltime gunsmith & thought I would give knife making a try (trying to learn ).I have a friend that is a saw filer at a sawmill who has given me several planer blades to work with, something to practice on till I feel comfortable enough to order some real steel.I will be doing stock removal with my NWG that I welded together. thanks Jeff

Welcome to the pack! Don't let the planer blades discourage you. I hear those things are pretty tough to grind.

Hey jeff, I'm new on here also and am new to knife making as well. I see you are just down the road from me. I am in stockton. What shop do you work at? I am building a 1917 right now and could use some help from time to time. I don't have a grinder, but maybe we can get together and screw up some steel together now that the weather is getting better.

-xander-

Hey jeff, I'm new on here also and am new to knife making as well. I see you are just down the road from me. I am in stockton. What shop do you work at? I am building a 1917 right now and could use some help from time to time. I don't have a grinder, but maybe we can get together and screw up some steel together now that the weather is getting better.

-xander-
I work out of my shop at home . Let me know if I can help with that P-17 Jeff

Back