Hello from Indiana

Jwhite

Greetings,

I'm a woodworker, who in addition to custom built pieces, occasionally gets called upon to do restoration/conservation work. Largely do to the fact that I do traditional finish work. I also make metal stupid sharp, a necessary skill when using hand tools. Recently I've taken on some knife work; rescale, clean-up, re profiling the edge, setting a uniform secondary bevel, and sharpening/honing. I absolutely love it, it's been great fun. If I could afford a second shop I'd put one up. I've been seriously considering doing some collaborative work with a knife-maker to add value to some of my booth sales. Largely academic right now, but I can't get it out of my head. Great to be here I've learned a lot from the good folks here already.

Welcome to KD!

In which area of the state are you located? (Always trying to find others close by.)

Martinsville, about halfway between Indy and Bloomington. I'm originally from Michigan City, folks are still there.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm located in southernmost part of state (Evansville).
My brother lives in Logansport and works in Lafeyette, and occasionally I have to go to Indy area on business.
So I'm somewhat familiar with your general location.

Maybe sometime when I get my hectic schedule straightened out, we can hook up and make a day of it.

Hello from the other end of the state. I'm less than 5 miles from the Michigan state line. Welcome.

Back