hello all

redhorsetactical

Im new to knife dogs and to knife grinding. im still in the process of finishing up my no weld grinder. i look forward to learning a lot from all of you as well as giving back as much as i can. im currently a tattoo artist in las vegas at starlight tattoo. ive been interested in knife making for a few years now but ive just begun to take the leap into it. im also a former police officer from crescent city pd in Florida and a former army 11b. ill see you guys in the forums.

welcome glad your here. remember there are no dumb questions but there are million expensive mistakes.

welcome to KD. I hope your prepared to work two shift to pay for your new hobby...HA! check out the tutorials here, there is a pile of info there. Also remember the search button is your friend.

Erik

i appreciate it Gary and CNC i feel ya on the expensive mistakes. the wife was like ohh a new hobbie hahaha. and i feel a lil addiction to it already just finishing up the grinder. yea ive been trying to look at all the tutorials for sure! thanks again yall

Welcome to the pack here at KD.

Your artist skills will come in handy with design & embellishments on knives and sheaths.

thanks rhino. yea im hoping itll help a lil even though i sit down to do a blade design and i feel like mine just ends up looking like someone elses. i havent worked with leather in a long time but i feel that im going to have to pick it up again.

Welcome. This place is really amazing. If you want to learn, the information is here and the members are very helpful. If you are a tattoo artist, you must have a steady hand. That should come in handy grinding!

Hahaha that's what I heard blance hopefully it rings true. Yea so far in the knife community it seems to be very encouraging . Its an awesome and welcoming community and I appreciate that! I'm still searching lol I haven't even scratched the surface of the information here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

u2ahuje6.jpg
zy8u9y9u.jpg
avyve6ur.jpg
azaqyrab.jpg
be9e3yqe.jpg

Well that's my no weld grinder. Welded hahaha . It was a fun project to put together. You can see they had no 4x4 in the scrap piles so I made it all out of 2x2 3/16 and 1.5 x1.5 3/16. . Its heavy as crap but it works great. I'm going to have the grizzly wheel bored and bearings put in there to eliminate the fail point of the pillow blocks and shaft. I get a bit of wobble from the threaded rod. Not that the pillow blocks don't work but I'd feel better if they were eliminated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Back