Hello all from Oregon

brycem

My name is Bryce Medart,

I am currently a full time software engineer and a part time knife maker for the past 2-3 years. I mainly make hunting / bush craft knives but would like to get into heavy duty folders eventually as well. I am a sole authorship maker and make everything related to my knives. Knife making is a passion and eventually I hope to be full time making knives.

Latest Example below

PHOTO_20140628_120634.jpg

More examples can be seen at Medart Cutlery

I apologize ahead of time if links are not allowed.

Welcome Bryce. I'm 20 minutes south of you I. Cottage grove. Knife making is a passion for most of us. Be prepared to live at poverty level if you want to go full time though. Ha!

Erik

Hey Erick, good to see another Oregonian. I hear ya on the poverty level status haha, part time ill bring in anywhere from 200-800 a month currently, just have to step up production ;)

Welcome Bryce.
There are a bunch of good knife makers here in Oregon.
If you haven't been there yet, I would suggest attending the Eugene show in April.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Mark, I will see about getting into the show in april. If I have a few good knives ready to go at that time I will look into setting up a table.

Even if you don't get a table it can be a lot of fun to go around and meet the locals.
They tend to be a pretty friendly bunch. They even put up with me, and that is saying a lot.

You have to make sure you meet Raymond Richard.
He's getting really old so don't wait around. I think he's about 150 years old or so.
(he's probably going to drive down and kick my butt for saying this)

Last edited:
Bryce if your thinking about getting a table, don't wait too long. the tables go pretty quick because a lot of guys reserve thier tables for the next show at the show or not too long afterwards. I have been there the past two years and had a ball. even sold enough to make sure i could go to Marks table,,, ha

erik

I doubt I will be setting up a table this year, I will however be at the show.. might have a few knives on me to pass around... maybe a give away who knows haha.

Back