Having pic problems with pic, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

McClellan Made Blades

To the Puter guru's on here,
I'm attempting to add pic's to a post, I've followed all the directions and when I got the the "Upload" pics button, I clicked it and nothing, I tried reducing the amount of pics I had selected and still nothing, I tried to do just upload 1 and it still wouldn't do anything. I went to the tutorials section, and read some of those, once I got there, I realized those tutorials were for the old format. I still tried it but the two aren't the same. Is there a problem with
V-Bulletin, or is the problem with me? Any and ALL assistance is greatly appreciated, the old format was simple, this one would be if the upload button would work, I feel it's probably something I'm doing or not doing. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks REX

Rex, the forum tells you *something* when it won't do what you want, what is it?
we are still working on some of the settings.

Rex, the forum tells you *something* when it won't do what you want, what is it?
we are still working on some of the settings.

Tracy,
When I click on upload, nothing happens, no hour glass, no spinning wheel. I click on it and the word upload turns blue, once I take the cursor off the word it turns back to gray, and nothing happens. There is no error message, it just does nothing. I usually can figure these things out, but it's not giving me any kind of directions, or ideas of what to try. I'm going to go back and see if I missed something, I may go the photo bucket route, I'd rather not, I like the old way better. Like I said it's probably me, I'm just missing something along the way, something I'll eventually figure out, Thanks for the help, Rex

are you uploading to the gallery or to a message attachment?

brown-patch-round.jpgtry it now and let me know..

Last edited:
View attachment 13437try it now and let me know..

I went back and tried it again, I'm starting a new thread, going to the "Upload Manager", then I click "ADD FILES", once I do that I can Browse for the files I want to attach, I can choose the files that I want to attach, once I've chosen all the files that I want, that's as far as I get, once I get to that point it won't upload the pics, I'm going to try to go back to an old post and add the pics there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I still think it's me doing something and NOT the forum, Thanks for trying to help me, Rex

View attachment 13437try it now and let me know..

Tracy, I went and tried again, I got the same thing, I wrote the email I wanted to send, then tried to attach the pics to go with it, it has several of the pics I've loaded in the past in a library, but the pics that I want to load get no further than "chosen" in the Upload Manager. I'm at a loss for what to do at thsi point, I'll try again tonight when I get home, Thanks rex

I'm glad, in a wierd sort of way, to hear that I'm not the only one having problems posting pictures. I was starting to feel picked on. I had a thumbnail disappear and the reappear. At least it's better than when I couldn't even get the thumbnail to show.

Doug Lester

talos-coin-2.gifIMG_5201.JPG

so to add the pics in this post I:

Hit the "manage attachments"

Then you get a pop up window and in the upper right there is an upload button. Hit that and upload

Once you get your pics uploaded, you see them in the bottom part of that new pop up window. Make sure the boxes under them are checked, then hit done in the bottom right.

How's that do ya? It was the done button part that thew me for a min..... :steve:

Les,
I can get all the way to the part where you click 'Upload', once I click that button, nothing happens, and I mean absolutely NOTHING, there is no timer, like a hour glass spinning, o windows 7 it's a circle that spins, none of that happens. When I get home tonight I was planning on going the Photo Bucket route, maybe just putting a URL in there for folks to go to will be good enough. Personally, I like to see what I'm looking at BEFORE I have to open another page, but if that way will work I'll do it that way. I really would like to be able to post the pics on the page like you just did, but I've never figured that out. I've got some SWEET Stabilized & Dyed Curly Maple to put up for sale, and I need to get it posted, thanks for the help, Rex
BTW, I love your KNIVES!!!!!

I'm still on vista so maybe that is why I'm explaining it wrong.

I just uploaded this one and hit upload and nothing happened for about 30 second, then it was finished all of a sudden....

Um.....

:34:

Attachments

• Cerberus2.jpg
    Cerberus2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1
To be honest Rex, I've never used the forum itself to upload pictures, on any forum. I can't offer advice in that area. I can tell you I use photobucket and don't seem to have any trouble with it.

Back