Has Earth finally had enough?

Human nature will have us continue to come up with ways of our own destruction. Be it through religious beliefs, conspiracy theories, or scientific fact. Eventually though, someone will be right!

Don't forget peak oil.

It is extremely arrogant to believe the human race can affect the earth in such a way, things will come to pass as they are written...besides, Im with Boss, someone needs to hammer down the Buds, it'd be a shame for them to go to waste. While I agree we all need to be "greener" someone needs to keep Mr. Gore busy before he comes up with something else to drive these soft brained idgets bonkers... For Pete's sake someone lock him in a closet with a Chinese finger trap, that will keep him busy! Then again the last thing we need is him coming out of the closet.... (Groan!)

Al Bore, never meant to save the world, he only wanted to get rich and become famous for something.

As an older guy, let me assure you that something or someone is always out to kill you. Do you remember the bluster over 'Y2K'?

My Dad once opined that if a man lived right, his funeral would be packed. Half of the people would be mourners, the other half there to make sure he was dead.

Besides, with only a 22% approval rating, our own government will kill us long before Mother Nature...

We have altered things more than any species that has ever been here, no arguing that--but the earth has been changing since long before we were around and will continue long after we are gone. To think we can control it is nonsense. We happen to be living in a very calm time for the Earth and our time here is a tiny fraction of the earths existence. In fact we have been here just a small fraction of the time the dinosaurs were here.

We have altered things more than any species that has ever been here, no arguing that--but the earth has been changing since long before we were around and will continue long after we are gone. To think we can control it is nonsense. We happen to be living in a very calm time for the Earth and our time here is a tiny fraction of the earths existence. In fact we have been here just a small fraction of the time the dinosaurs were here.

Exactly

George Carlin said it best when he said something to the effect of: "People are always talking about how fragile mother earth is and how we need to protect it.... Listen the earth can shake us off like a bad cold if it wanted to."

i find it really funny that people talk about global warming, because when i was in one of my earth sci classes, I had a chance to see the weather profile for about the last 100 million years....guess what! The earth has been way hotter and way colder.

I think it will zombies!!! I just hope no one shoots Bill Murry hahaha (ZombieLand aka one hell of a movie!)

I think it will zombies!!!!

No, I have another theory. I think it's metal forges. Follow me on this.

As hammer-in events, forged blades, and folded and welded Japanese knives become more popular we see global warming. I think this is a good thing.

First, the quality of these knives is better. Second, it drives the liberals bonkers. In an ironic paraphrase, we get to use "two stones for one bird."

The way I look at things is we all are born, we live and we die. The same thing happens to the earth, sun and the universe eventually. It's all up to nature to say when.
Why worry about something that we can't control.

Back