Hand hammered "Basket weave" damascus

Hello, Its taken me a few weeks... But I finaly have it done! :p

Im calling it TactiCOOL! lol

I added Ivory Mircarta scales and a Ebony cross inlay, with mosaic pins and gimping on the top for traction!

Thanks again to Mr Bruce Bump, for all the great posts and WIP's and thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement!

God Bless,
Randy Haas

Attachments

• vacation 114.jpg
    vacation 114.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 24
  • vacation 096.jpg
    vacation 096.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 23
  • vacation 117.JPG
    vacation 117.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 21
  • vacation 116.jpg
    vacation 116.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • vacation 133.jpg
    vacation 133.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Really awesome!!!! Who says you have to have a power hammer to make basket weave damascus. This is a hard earned piece of art. Determination and perseverance go a long way. It is a shame that so many young people don't have them any more. My hat is off to you Jr. Keep that up and you will go far.

That is fantastic work! Not only is it an excellent first mosaic, but the fact that it's hand hammered makes it purely extraordinary. Do yourself and Jr. a favor and don't you dare sell that knife. That type of effort and craftsmanship should be kept as a reminder. Once you have a press or hammer (face it, it's going to happen at this point, don't even try to fight it... :) ) make plenty more to sell, but this one should be a keeper.

-d

A prouder popa you couldn't find! again I want to say, Thanks to Bruce Bump for taking the time to post up tutorials..

(face it, it's going to happen at this point, don't even try to fight it... :) ) make plenty more to sell, but this one should be a keeper.

-d

Deker, You are right on that.. I just ordered a press this week!!! cool 1 :D
Should have it in delivered in a few weeks! Im so excited I cant even begin to describe the JOY!!!!!!!!!

Main thing is we are having a BLAST! This is, without a doubt the coolest and most rewarding! Not to mention ADDICTING :p thing I have ever done!

Thanks for the comment and looking at our work.
Randy

Randy, that knife is awesome.

My arm hurts just thinking of the work that went into that blade. You and your son did a great job. Thanks for sharing your excitment and work.

Larry

Deker, You are right on that.. I just ordered a press this week!!! cool 1 :D
Should have it in delivered in a few weeks! Im so excited I cant even begin to describe the JOY!!!!!!!!!

Main thing is we are having a BLAST! This is, without a doubt the coolest and most rewarding! Not to mention ADDICTING :p thing I have ever done!

Thanks for the comment and looking at our work.
Randy

Deker, I just got a call from Fed X!!! The new press is on the truck and will be delivered tomorrow!

I cant remember being more excited about a delivery sense my wife gave birth to my youngest son Hunter!! lol

God Bless you and yours.
Randy

Back