Great Find !

backtines

So , I was delivering a few snow blowers to a customer last week and upon helping the customer put them in his garage / warehouse I couldnt help but notice way off in the corner this belt / disk sander. After taking care of buisness , I had to walk over and take a better look at this thing covered up with piles of junk laying on it .
I just outright asked the guy if he would be interested in selling it . He said that it belonged to his father and said he would get back to me .
A week later passed , and here it is for the amazing price of 100 bucks . I didnt ask any questions. I ran right over there with a few guys and loaded it up in my truck and back to shop. I made sure everything turned freely and plugged it in and surprisingly , IT WORKS !! Now Ill do a little research and see if I can pull up a manual on it , clean it up and paint it , then bring it home to my little garage shop. I just had to tell you guys about it !

Wow! Very nice find. I could see that getting some good use. I wish they still made tools like that.

Good luck with the restoration!

I showed this to my wife and she said , " What is that big ugly thing ?" I didnt bother going any further. I just knew guys like you all would understand .

Excellent find of a old Rockwell!
I think these were a belt drive? is the motor underneath? A bit of work you will be good to go for another lifetime or two with a great 4 x36" and a 9" disc with miter.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Wow Mike, I guess it worked out for you. I was wondering if you go back with him about it. Great price!

Excellent find of a old Rockwell!
I think these were a belt drive? is the motor underneath? A bit of work you will be good to go for another lifetime or two with a great 4 x36" and a 9" disc with miter.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Actually , it's a 4x52 with a 12" disk. It works too. I'm gonna order up a Few belts and disks for this thing , give it a coat of paint , oiler er up and put her to work. Ya know its so awesome how stuff was built years ago. Everything was thought out. Grease fittings , oilers , adjustments everywhere. I just love old stuff! And yes the motor sits under the table with an old style interlocking belt. I'll show you guys the finish when I'm done.

Nice find, great looking machine! I would love to see it restored to it's former glory. I am mid process or cleaning/restoring a set of old Powermatic drill presses and a LeBlond lathe. Always nice to see heavy duty equipment make it back to service.

Nice find, great looking machine! I would love to see it restored to it's former glory. I am mid process or cleaning/restoring a set of old Powermatic drill presses and a LeBlond lathe. Always nice to see heavy duty equipment make it back to service.

I did restore it . Check out the thread " Belt Sander / Disk Grinder Update "

Back