Got me a new toy

Tooln

Well it's not really a toy but a new piece of equipment. A Paragon KM-14 heat treat oven. I heat treated my first batch of knives today. Since there is a learning curve I did 4 mini hunters made from 1095, with the price of stainless I didn't want to take a chance of messing that up. Got to say this heat treat oven is pretty slick. I can monitor it from my phone, I can also program a delay start. Load it up the night before set the timer to start an hour before I get up and presto. It even has a function to tell me the cost of the latest heat treat, I enter my electric cost and it does the rest. There is even more but I haven't dug that far into it yet. A couple of stainless blades will be next. Next up on my wish list is a Laser.
20231010_130746.jpg 20231010_124208.jpgScreenshot_20231010_123057_Kiln Aid.jpg

That is one sexy controller on that oven - wish I had that controller on my oven..... Heck, I wish I had your oven :)
I do not regret purchasing this at all. The way you can program it is way more then I'll ever use or need. Now instead of sitting in front of the forge doing a HT I can be Heat treat and doing other things. It's going to be a game changer for me. Got to give a thanks to the folks at USA Knifemaker for answering all my questions and great service I have received.

I do not regret purchasing this at all. The way you can program it is way more then I'll ever use or need. Now instead of sitting in front of the forge doing a HT I can be Heat treat and doing other things. It's going to be a game changer for me. Got to give a thanks to the folks at USA Knifemaker for answering all my questions and great service I have received.
Congratulations! I barely figured out how to program mine well enough to work. Looks like you got it figured out!

Congrats! I have the KM-24T and I love it. Never used the phone app though. Looks cool. Maybe I'll give it a try. I really wish I had the money for a DOUBLE BARREL 24-T PRO 3 ZONE.

I have one similar but got the 24" deep. Should have gotten the 36"The controller is great! Like you said I'm not even using half of the stuff I could!! Congratulations on your "TOY"!!

Back