Gas Forge Set Up With Large 120 gl Tank

Tank 2.jpg

You can see in the foreground how I currently have my gas forge set up. The large tank in the back is what I want to use. The 120 gl tank will go outside my shop. The guy behind the counter where I buy my propane says you can't run high pressure propane into a building in the State of Texas. This is not a problem in the summer, but I like it inside in the winter.

What do you guys/gals do if you have a large tank such as this?

I've heard a lot of people say that their propane dealers will not allow more then "standard" pressure running into a building.......it's not that way here in Montana. In face my propane company set a 500gal tank for me.....I installed the piping, they pressure tested it, hooked me up, and when I added a third forge to the shop and wasn't getting enough pressure.....they GAVE me a 10-40psi adjustable regulator, and all the fittings to install it on my tank. (they also offered to come an install it for free, but they knew I'd rather do it myself). It seems that a lot of places are trying to dictate their idea of "safety" by not letting us do what we need to.
One part of me says that what they don't know won't hurt you......and the other part of me says MOVE! :) Just kidding.

Ed
I think it mostly boils down to liability. I was involved in a couple of incident investigations dealing with gas pressure.

Having said that, Ive had my 100# bottle sitting in a tub of hot water on more than one occasion in the wintertime!

God Bless
Mike

Back