Frontier style bowie, sheath, and display

John M Cohea

Recently completed tis set for a client.The knife feature a 10 1/2 inch blade of Chad Nichols turkish twist damascus, forged to shape by me.The handle frame, spacer, and guard are wrought iron, scales are preban bark elehant ivory, and liners and pins are nickle silver.OAL is 15 1/2 inches.Sheath is rawhide over veg-tan, and features deerskin fring, spots and a western style concho.
The stand is made from weathered barn oak, driftwood, forged mild steel, and a twisted wrought iron nail.Photos are by Buddy Thomason.

JKsingleview.jpg

JKcomposite.jpg

JKDisplay.jpg

Hey John,
What a great looking package, I would have to say you have one happy client.
Nice to see you have enough SPARE TIME to create your own masterpieces. EXCELLENT!!!!!

John, that is excellent craftsmanship. Terrific guard on that Bowie and the sheath is awesome. Three thumbs up!!!

John,

Boy I'm lovin your recent Bowies ! Make some more, make some more, make some more !

I'd also LOVE to see you create the John Cohea Trifecta matching set, Hawk - Bowie - Friction Folder

Take care buddy -Josh

John,

Boy I'm lovin your recent Bowies ! Make some more, make some more, make some more !

I'd also LOVE to see you create the John Cohea Trifecta matching set, Hawk - Bowie - Friction Folder

Take care buddy -Josh

Thanks guys! It's coming Josh, completion date for somewhere around early to mid Spring!

Jeremiah Johnson would be proud to carry this one! Wow!

Jeremiah Johnson: You'll do well, Del; providing you don't get into trouble with all that hair.
Del Gue: Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was write. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

John - that is really a work of art. I sometimes get tired of bowies and hunters everywhere, though most all of them are made with technical sophistication. There are not a lot of people who move past good craftsmanship (which is a heck of a thing in itself) and push into real art. This is real art. Thanks for sharing.
kevin

Back