Forged 1084 and Jigged Bone

Robert Dark

I have had a pair of jigged bone scales lying around for about 3 years. Finally decided to give them a try. Not sure if I like the look or not. Even though they were pre-dyed, the dye was not even throughout the scales.

Forged 1084
Jigged Bone
Domed Nickel Silver Pins
OAL - 7 3/4"
Blade Tip to Handle - 3 3/4"

Robert

JiggedBone.jpg

I like the look of the scales, and the shape of the handle begs to be held.

Looking at the scales with the "dye inconsistencies", IMO, make it look like thinned antler material. A lot of people want that look without the price of real antler, I may also add that the peened pins add to the look of the overall knife.

If I were at a show and saw this knife, I would be very interested given my use and collection requirements. The shape and presentation are just what I would like to have as an EDC or, what I call, a field trimmer, for trimming the meat fresh cut from a harvest.

My 2 cents, you have a seller there... Sometimes the inconsistency in the dye, and the "look" of the material that "we" don't like, is perfect for the fellow that collects or uses.

Great work, show more!

Charlie

Man I have some strange soft spot for jigged bone, as a child I remember people haveing jigged bone slip joints and me thinking at the time it didn't look as good as stag, but now in my wiser age I have some sort of historical love for it that goes back to times i often forget. That knife is a AWSOME!

Back