First sheaths 3 of them

BOHUNTER

I got into this because I wanted a knife. So I bought a blank to rework it and practice, worked pretty darn good so I needed a sheath then... thats how the leather work started.....

I have made 2 sheaths for the 2 knives I made, then I was bored and called around and got another knife from my buddy. Well Friday afternoon he will get it. Here are the three sheaths in order. I give 99% of the credit to Satansbarber on Youtube for the awesome easy to follow tutorials he made. Ive bounced around on different forums gaining some knowledge and then trying it all out. So far Im very pleased. Time consuming but very pleased, learning something new with each one. STEVE

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1099-1.jpg

IMG_1109-1.jpg

IMG_1108-1.jpg

IMG_1110-1.jpg

Last sheath took me 15 hours. My buddy was a Corporal in the Marines, stood beside President Bush everytime he Entered and exited Marine One! Served at his place in Texas and said Bush would run you into the ground and still beat you! LOL He said he was a great guy and very funny! Imagine that! Oh well this sheath is for him.

Hope you enjoy, see anything I can brush up on let me know. Im all ears!

Steve BOHUNTER Holloway
Pace Florida

Steve,I'll have to say those are some of the nicer first sheaths I have seen in a long time.Really hard to find much to pick on.A suggestion would be using less rapid rivets and more sewing as rivets like that really don't look professional.Also remember to burnish all your pieces straps included, that will help the look.I am definately looking forward to seeing your work as your experience grows.Dave

Appreciate the INfo, tomorrow is the big day on the Marine Sheath! Im driving 4 hours to give it to him!!

I dont know why that pic looks so rough on the burnishing. Ive been reading and working on that part. On Leatherworker.net they all told me to work on Burnishing the edges. The Marine sheath I used USMC Oil Dye and as I use an antler piece to burnish with the edge gets real gummy sticky. Its like the Dye is bleeding bacl after a week of drying in Florida heat!! Oh well I used a soft cloth to buff that back off and it wil soon be residing in Gainesville Florida! Alachua County Deputy Davis will have him a new toy! Again I appreciate the honesty, its always best!

Steve

Back