First Knife with Cerakote

SYD32

Here is my first try with Cerakote. The CPM-154 hollow ground blade is 5 1/2 inches long with the overall length of the knife is 11 inches. The full tang knife was ground from 5/32 stock. The handles are rough contoured green canvas Micarta with a red fiber liner. Stainless steel loveless bolts hold the handles in place. The Cerakote is "Armor Black" H series. I'm waiting on some large Tek-Lok clips to complete a kydex sheath.

Thanks for looking!

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

I can't wait to get set up for cerakote. Ive been reading what I can about spray guns(this is an entirely new arena for me!)

Great job, do you have prior airbrush experience or were you totally green to it like me? And is it really as easy as some folk make it out?

This is the first time I've used a sprayer. I spent a lot of time reading and watching videos on the net. I think the process is fairly easy. Next time I do it i will do several blades. This will save on the prep and cleanup time.

This is the first time I've used a sprayer. I spent a lot of time reading and watching videos on the net. I think the process is fairly easy. Next time I do it i will do several blades. This will save on the prep and cleanup time.

I don't know a lot about the process. Care to share? How is the wear factor on such a surface, or have you had time to test that out?

BTW really nice knife, the red liners really set the whole thing off!

Back