First Hatchet I made

Woodlab

This is the first hatchet I've done. It's full tang and made from O1. the handles are stabilized Purple Heart and fastened with Loveless Bolts and stainless steel pins. The sheath is Oaktanned Leather.

Pictures by Michael Baribeau (www.keenedgephotos.com)

Purpleheart Hatchet-1.jpg

Purpleheart Hatchet.jpg

Thanks! It ended up as a thank-you gift to one of my students for helping me build my new forge hood. He uses the hell out of it up at his cabin. So far so good. :) nothing like torture testing to improve workmanship, eh? lol

This is the first hatchet I've done. It's full tang and made from O1. the handles are stabilized Purple Heart and fastened with Loveless Bolts and stainless steel pins. The sheath is Oaktanned Leather.

Pictures by Michael Baribeau (www.keenedgephotos.com)

View attachment 27788

View attachment 27789

That's a fine looking Hatchet you have there.Looks like a great angle of the Blade to the handle arch.
I also like the purple heart, I am putting some Stabilized Purple Heart on a Culinary Chop right now and I use those Loveless type bolts on most every knife. With those and epoxy, It's there forever!

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com

Thanks! My friend Todd came to visit over last 4th of july. He liked it enough that he asked me to help him make one. He lives in WA state and loves camping. So, we made him one. The handle is Black Oak Burl, stabilized. I like how it turned out. :)2 hatchets.jpgchoppy.jpg

Good looking little hatchets. I especially like the length of the handle scales, really shows off the wood.

Back