Fire Chief's Pork Cutter, Not Your Everyday Kitchen Knife...

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
The Fire Chief in my city want a knife to cut up his holiday pig to serve the family. His request was for a high carbon steel knife the he could keep sharpened and put away in a drawer. He did not want a leather sheath so, I made my first Kydex one.

"I want to be able to take it into the field if the need arises and I want it to look tactical" not asking for much.
A bad boy looking knife to double as a meat slicer and cooked hog cutting tool.

I made it from Aldo's 1084, marble wood handle, Stainless steel tubes for pins, red liner material (G10) to protect the steel between the handle wood & the blade. Kydex sheath with red leather strap for horizontal carry with a paracord lanyard, and a paracord loop for neck carry. Blade 6" long.

FireChief-001-lres.jpg FireChief-002-lres.jpg

Nice work all around. The contrasting sheath colors look good.

Thank you, Dogs! This knife was based on the knife Jason Knight, MS taught me to make in his Doom's Day Knife class. I just gave it a final finish instead of leaving it rough. I also made it a lot bigger than the one in the class. I chose the sheath color of Black mainly because that was what I had on hand, the dark red leather dyed strap for a Fire Chief is a color he will identify with.

Back