durable black finish ?

graveyard

i have a knife finished going to H/T i will give to a young men headed to letter box soon i need a durable black none glare finish ive read about rust blueing & ferric acid with will stay black in hard use . hes a RANGER i want him to come home any detail information will be great THANK,S

You could hot blue it in sodium nitrate I think it is, could be hydroxide. It will act as a tempering cycle I believe though. I would stay away from coatings as well, they attract dirt and what not. It's the same as painting a ladder.

I used cerakote on my last tactical. It has held up well so far. As far as him being a RANGER is he in Batt. or is he simply Ranger qualified?

I'm with Gahagan, Cerakote is the BEST option as it is the most durable coating on the market currently.

thank guys (Gahagan ) im not sure ive be out near 30 years hes raggs have the eagle with the name ranger

I was just wondering. I served with 1st Ranger Battalion and know there will be a difference in how a knife is used between those in Batt. and those in a reg. Army unit.

I'm not sure what you mean by the colors. I'm assuming you are referring to the DPMs in my profile picture. I'm an air cadet at the moment. Ground pounder sounds to me like jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft which isn't up my street.

Back