dt-48 = nice hamon

Franklin,
My vote would be to finish it out. If you take it to 1000 grit finish and hand polish and etch the hamon, it will REALLY POP.

God Bless
Mike

Diamond g right now its at 2500 grit just has a dark etch on it. Tom when i was at tracys hammer inn, that is when i got it maybe pm him ?

Antler it is, put a pic under knife pic forum, thanks for looking everybody.

Last edited:
Larry,
It looks great! But I can't say I am sold on your enchant. Plus the length of time in soaking in it. Seriously, when I,m ready to etch, all I do is soak the corner of a paper towel and wipe it on real good, make sure.it stays wet for 90 sec, then neutralize. I'd try it both ways to see which is best, your acid solution may be too strong, also. Aside from what I think if you're happy with it that is all that matters, I've gotten pretty good at them because I put one every knife I make practically. OH and the secret to getting more activity is a.combo of lines angling or straight down toward the edge, the other.part.is that clay needs.to be THIN. IT makes a big difference, and be creative, if you screw.it.up re HT it and start over! REX

Rex i see were your going, ive done the standard hamons before i was more trying to find something different from the normal hamon. I like the ones you guys do but i was looking to find something that stands out more thats why i went so long on the etch. Wanted a darker blade+ the hamon maybe not something i will do a lot of but you got to admitt it was different. plus the etchant was something i made. 1 part maratic acid 2 parts hydragen peroxide and it would work great for your app as well.

max it is done. here is a pic got one in the picture area allso. I think im going to take the hardware off the pommel and take the overhang off the pommel allso.
thanks for all the comments guys.

Attachments

• 100_3320.jpg
    100_3320.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14
Larry, if I might suggest something if its not completely finished....roll the edges on the guard. I think it will also feel a little better.
...then send it to me.

Eric

So lagrange whats your addy ( NOT!!!!) and yes im cutting down the gaurd no over hang and buff the edges off getting readt to assemble again.
But wifes got a honey doe list first ( got to keep her happy first lol) thanks kieth, buy the way you ever use that damascus yet or did i just miss it?

Back