Drive Wheel

Mike Martinez

Hello all. Once again, here I come with another question.

So I got a great deal on a motor, everything fits on the GIB and is looking good thus far. But as always, there was a catch, the shaft is a gigantic 7/8. Do any of you seasoned DIYers have a source for a drive wheel in such a size? I'm aware of sunray but would like to find something close to what Tracy and KMG sell, something crowned.

Thank you for any and all help.

Regards,
Mike

I was afraid of that. I've not had too much good fortune, nay, any good fortune with custom parts in this attempt. Wish me luck. hahaha

Sunray will crown it Just ask for the same drive wheel that Wayne Coe had made but with a 7/8" bore hole.

Just got off the phone with the, Mr. Coe. Thank you for the heads up, their lead time was great since they don't need poly and the price was surprisingly reasonable.

Stephen bader sells drive wheels with 7/8" bore. I think there's is smooth though. They come in different diameters and may crown them on request.
Clint

I think grizzly has a 7/8" hole drive wheel , for 67.00 ? I could be wrong about size?? might be 5/8 . for the price it could be enlarged .

Last edited:
Thanks Bubba-San, too bad I've ordered already. I actually found a guy in WA that will do the machining for damn near free (10 bucks and shipping). I'll ask him if I can post his information here in case anyone needs his services in the future.

Back