Dogs & Lyme disease

Keith,
That is bad news, over my married life span I have had to put down at least 7 dogs, none were ever easy and certainly not forgotten. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend.
Jim

Thanks, guys. I can deal a lot easier with the death of a pet when their life span has run it's course but Shamus was only 6. I didn't recognize the Lyme symptoms soon enough so that makes it even tougher.

Don't beat yourself up. We know and you know that you did the best that you could and everything that you could. Even the Vet might not have recognized it soon enough.
pup2

Keith, Don't try to take on the burden of thinking it was somehow your fault. Things happen for a reason, we do not always know why and may never know.

In 2009, I lost my business of 23 years, my heart was broken as I had around 15 employees with families. I no sooner started staying home and my wife developed some health problems. I was and even now am able to stay with her and meet her needs. Just today, we got the diagnoses of cancer. We are dealing with it. But, if I had not lost my business, I would never had the time to take care of my wife. Losing my business turned out to bring my wife and I together more than we had been in years.

Take care my friend,
Jim

Keith, Don't try to take on the burden of thinking it was somehow your fault. Things happen for a reason, we do not always know why and may never know.

In 2009, I lost my business of 23 years, my heart was broken as I had around 15 employees with families. I no sooner started staying home and my wife developed some health problems. I was and even now am able to stay with her and meet her needs. Just today, we got the diagnoses of cancer. We are dealing with it. But, if I had not lost my business, I would never had the time to take care of my wife. Losing my business turned out to bring my wife and I together more than we had been in years.

Take care my friend,
Jim

Jim,

I am so sorry to hear about this diagnosis. Makes my problem seem pretty trivial.

I didn't know that loss of appetite, dog or human, was a symptom of Lyme. Now a mission of mine to make sure everyone else does. I don't know, maybe that's the reason I had to lose Shamus.

Keith

Kieth,

Sorry to hear that you lost your bud. Like Jim, I have lost several through the years and it is never easy. Surely we'll all get to play together again in heaven.

Jim,

I hate to hear about your wife. My prayers are with you both for God's piece and healing.

Carey

Keith,
I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. Lyme is tough to diagnose, even for the Vet, so don't blame yourself.
-John

Back