Dewer size

Gliden07

Since I've stepped into the world of Stainless Steel blades now I've been considering getting a Dewer for liquid Nitrogen. I dont do a lot of SS blades but know that the Nitrogen does a better job then RV Antifreeze with Dry Ice. So I'm asking what is a good size Dewer to get for low production SS blades.

I think a 10 liter is as small as you want to go with. Here's the one I bought.

With the volume I do, I wish I would have went with a 20 liter with a larger mouth. Just under 2" is the max width I can do now, less if there is much of a curve to the profile of the blade.

I agree with Gene. Any smaller then the 10L size really doesn't make it worth your effort. I'd think 10L would be right for you. From what I've seen, LN prices vary wildly from area to area. If you happen to be in one of the high priced areas, they often charge more to fill smaller dewars. I've had mine for years..... it's huge.... 56 pounds (25 liters). It was worth my time to build a heavily insulated wooden box, with a lid. A fill will generally last me about 3 months, depending on how much use it gets.

Back