Damascus TUF

Woodlab

A good friend of mine, Terry, works for Boker Blades. He and I collaborated on a design for them called TUF (Terry's Urban Fighter) When it came out in the catalog, I made this one as sort of a commorative blade. :)

The blade is random pattern damascus (320 layer). The handle is feathered stag horn. (boy does that stuff smell nasty when your grinding it!) The sheath was my first attempt at a paddle holster inspired configuration. I used a couple very flat but strong rare earth magnets for blade retention. It actually worked out really well.

Damascus TUF-1.jpgDamascus TUF-2.jpgDamascus TUF-3.jpgDamascus TUF-4.jpg

Last edited:
I like that Woodlab- good looking handle work and blade. Really like the sheath too- I've wanted to try making something like that so it gives me some ideas- thanks.

THanks Ausbrooks,
I used 11oz Oak-tanned leather on the base layer (belt contact), then I put down the magnets(imbedded them in the 11oz.). Next I barge cemented a layer of very thin oak-tanned mask leather over the magnetes. I used 8oz oak-tanned leather for the welt and and outter layer. Hand sewing it was fun...thru all the layers. I wet formed it then put it in the oven at 170F to dry it, then did the wax treatment with a heat gun. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...so's the guy who carries it now. :)

Back