Damascus Straight Razor

Bill Behnke

I wasn't sure where I should post this and figured that it folded, then this might be the right place.
I finished it this past weekend and had fun making it. The Damascus is 1084 and 15n20, random pattern, with stabilized curly Oak scales with a wedge of Pink Ivory wood. I thought that I would mention that even though you can't see it in the picture). It took a fine edge and I don't have much hair left on my fore arm.

Thanks for looking. Bill B.

(DSC_0668.jpg

Yes Tom, I did use the 14" wheel. Good to heear from you. I sold a straight razor just a few weeks ago made out of M390 with an ebony handle. The buyer really likes using it. I still have this one but plan on doing more.

Bill

Nice work! I'm working on making my very first straight razor as we speak. You should post this over at "Straight Razor Talk".

Thanks AR. I started a thread in the Straight Razor Talk with this raspr and another that I made from M390 steel. I guess I didn't scroll down far enough when I looked the first time.

Bill

I believe the M390 is one of the very best steels. It will take a very usable edge in a very fine grind and a RC of 63. Frank

Back