Crown Stag Skinner

cote

I like the way this one turned out, CPM D2 steel with a nice crown stag dressed up with some orange G-10 and black buffalo horn, the blade length is just a little over 5" with an OAL of 10 1/2".

your comments are always welcome

Attachments

• Skinner 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    Skinner 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
Gill,
Very nice blade. The orange with the antler doesn't do anything for me, personal preference, but as always you have great fit and finish. Nice work. Wade

Edited, The more I look at this the better the orange looks to me. Kind of modern meets mountainman. It had to be done correct in order for it to work and after 10 looks it surely is done correct.:smile:
Wade

Last edited:
Gill,
Very nice blade. The orange with the antler doesn't do anything for me, personal preference, but as always you have great fit and finish. Nice work. Wade

Edited, The more I look at this the better the orange looks to me. Kind of modern meets mountainman. It had to be done correct in order for it to work and after 10 looks it surely is done correct.:smile:
Wade

Thank you both for your interesting comments. Wade so far I've used the orange G-10 spacers in combo with stag on 3 knives & like you at first I was on the fence on it .....like the lottery you have so many choices with few winners, I tried what felt like a million combonations before commiting to this one, I wasn't sure how it would turn out...after shaping the handle it looked not to bad, it has since grown on me & I'm very pleased with all the feedback.

Man sorry guys i liked it from the start stands out and says hold me!!! and have always been a sucker for the stag crown at the back of the handle ,scagel style!!!!! great knife.

I concur with Franklin,
My first impression was that it has a lot a Scagel look going on and looks like a really fine Banana skinner.

I like the Orange too! Easy to find if you put it down in the leaves.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back