Craftsman 2x42 to 2x72 Conversion

jay i dont know about you but sure never thought about doing it that way, and does not look to difficult in the least

I didn't either I was just thinking about the drive wheel size to slow her down. It's always nice to see things that give you another aspect of doing something!

thank you !!!!!!!!!! going to upgrade motor first then dig into your conv. after I'm done with that thinking of a 1 horse var. speed on a 1 to 1 pulley like the guy in video just not the step pulley what you think

I was thinking the same thing earlier today about the variable speed. I've still been looking for a smaller drive wheel to slow this thing down as well but haven't had any luck. Keep us posted on the conversion!!! And take pics please.

Sorry for bringing up the old posts, but does anyone know how to convert the old* craftsman 2x42 to 2x72?
*old model had 3 wheels and was a 1HP motor, if possible I would prefer a design where the contact surface is at an angle instead of vertical.
-Cameron

No, I still haven't found plans for one. I'm a bit afraid to try to just wing it because it is my only grinder if i mess up. so for now I'm still searching.

Cost saving in consumables. Square inch of belt cost less. Larger variety of belts. Time savings to some and to me they seem to run cooler. IMHO

Back