Christmas KITH Questions, PICS & Updates

Out of these 3 profiles which would you rather have. Granted the little cleaver is still roughed out but it is just like the one I finished the other day.

58f5cb8771a41aac8f4bb5773124be0c.jpg

Justin, if you're still taking a poll, my vote is for the one on the left. It's a classic Presson design that I think any of us would love to have.

I made some pretty good progress on my submission over the weekend. It's a little liner lock that should make for a great little pocket knife. The specs are as follows: 440c blade, 416 bolsters and spacer, 6al4v titanium liner, and dyed and stabilized maple burl scales. I have a couple more WIP pics on my blog (address in signature below) although, admittedly, I really zoned out with this one and forgot to take many photos. I'd love to know what everyone thinks so far.

WP_20150925_17_16_25_Pro.jpg

I'm not in the KITH but my vote would be for the cleaver. Really like how the last one turned out. Second choice would be the classic on the left.

-Aaron

Justin, just giving you a hard time about the slipjoint. But, you could put that new frame-lock in there..... Seriously, I vote for the little cleaver, that last one you made was really neat.

Justin, if you're still taking a poll, my vote is for the one on the left. It's a classic Presson design that I think any of us would love to have.

I made some pretty good progress on my submission over the weekend. It's a little liner lock that should make for a great little pocket knife. The specs are as follows: 440c blade, 416 bolsters and spacer, 6al4v titanium liner, and dyed and stabilized maple burl scales. I have a couple more WIP pics on my blog (address in signature below) although, admittedly, I really zoned out with this one and forgot to take many photos. I'd love to know what everyone thinks so far.

View attachment 56637
That's going to be sweet!!

Thanks, Daniel. This is a new design and it seems to be coming together really well. I think it will be a keeper.

Getting started.
ieftVOL.jpg

Ready for HT. Left a little more than a bit extra size. Was scared of the back springs warping or doing something funky.
PGiUiGB.jpg

Now to start making pieces fit together.
6G7sJAA.jpg

Chris

Getting started.
ieftVOL.jpg

Ready for HT. Left a little more than a bit extra size. Was scared of the back springs warping or doing something funky.
PGiUiGB.jpg

Now to start making pieces fit together.
6G7sJAA.jpg

Chris
Cool! are these your first Folders? I have tried making some slip joints but I just couldn't get them to work!!

I want to throw one in but at the moment the only stock I have is the old D2....... wait I got something around the shed. I'm in am going to do a paring knife an or a fillet, if any one objects I'll withdraw.

I want to throw one in but at the moment the only stock I have is the old D2....... wait I got something around the shed. I'm in am going to do a paring knife an or a fillet, if any one objects I'll withdraw.
If anyone objects we can do a two person KITH. :)

Walt, did you get help with the AEBL yet? I forgot about it until just now when I saw your post. If you still need help, I could probably do it for you. I've used some 14c28n which is nearly the same thing. If you get desperate enough for a fellow newb to cook your steel, get with me.

Back