Chocolate drop

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
My good friend Steve Jernigan designed this knife and calls it odocoilious,had them mass produced a few years back,sold them all but had a few blade blanks left over.
A while back he decided to finish up the blanks and wanted to use some of the chocolate paper micarta that I have instead of the maroon linen micarta that the factory used.So I let him have my block of micarta to cut off what he needed. When he returned the micarta he gave me one of the blade blanks and a set of scales mortised to fit the tang. Recently,being caught up on orders,I decided to finish ths knife.
These photos show the result of my efforts.
A-2 blade @Rc61.6,flat ground and hand finished to 400 grit,.087"x3 1/2"
Chocolate paper micarta,hand jigged,Loveless bolts.
Leather sheath
Knife overall length 7 3/4"

Very nice practical hunter and like the jigging- very distinctive. Odocoileus (whitetail deer) would be handled nicely with this knife...

I love the knife. The shape , the colors , everything about it EXCEPT those dang Lovelass fasteners. They always show a shadow around the bolt , drives me NUTZ.
Very well made as usual Calvin.

Calvin,
I have found that being different is a good thing, in knife making. This is different and it sure looks good.:s11798: Wade

Great looking knife Calvin! It has been already posted but that knife would be perfect for whitetail.
Steve Jernigan designed this knife for whitetail deer and it is perfect for them. I have one of the commercially made ones that I keep at my hunting cabin and discovered that it is also perfect for scaling and beheading bluegill and other bream.

Back