Chile forge customer service?

jmforge

So what’s up with these guys, they don’t answer their phone they don’t respond to emails or voice messages. I’m talking about spending $1700 with him and I can’t get a response. Are they still in business? I was one of their early customers, so this would be the second forge I bought from them. Unfortunately, nobody else makes a forge similar to theres.

I do not know anything about them but here is my go to knife making/forge welding forge. The Metal Smith forge is the one I have. It is built right with 2" of rigidized insulation and I really like the firebrick doors. I have had no trouble with this forge for the last several years. https://mathewsonmetals.com/store

This is surprising! I purchased my chili forge last year and the customer service was outstanding as is their product.
Never had an issue with them in regards to emails or phone calls.

I heard back from them. They just finished a move to Texas.
When I read your post, I actually reached out to Chili forge to see what was going on. I received an email today that they had reached out to you.
She said all was good and mentioned that your forge was 15 years old.
Glad to know they are still alive and kicking. She did say supply chain was still an issue.

Yeah, I was actually trying to buy a new one, but after their move the wait time is so long I’m just gonna rebuild my existing one and maybe by the new burners when they have them

Yeah, I was actually trying to buy a new one, but after their move the wait time is so long I’m just gonna rebuild my existing one and maybe by the new burners when they have them
I waited at least six months for mine. Evidently the lead lag with materials really got skewed during the Covid BS and hasn’t leveled back out.

Ordered from high temp. They dont have as much on their website as they used to> No link to Kelly Cupples anyore.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread. If you have a Ceramic supply store in your area you should be able to get refractory stuff there. If you haven't already gotten your supplies.

Like I said, I ordered from high temp. When I lived in the Tampa Bay area, I had a refractory supply place close by. Now I live in the middle of nowhere, so mail order.

Back