Chef in Koa

Daniel Rohde

Here's the latest from my shop and some of the best work so far! I'm really happy with how this blade has turned out!
Dimensions:
Overall Weight: 6.75oz
BLADE:
Steel: 52100
Hardness: Approx: 60HRC
Overall Length: 12 8/7"
Blade Length**: 8 1/8"
Width: 1 7/8"
Spine Thickness: .165"( at its thickest, there's allot of taper in the blade)
¼ Back from the Edge: .027"
Edge Thickness: .009
Finish: 400grit Satin
Grind: Full Flat Grind

HANDLE:
Finish: Oiled and Buffed(tang is satin finished)
Material: Stabilized Curly Koa from J.Doyle
Pins: 5/16" Stainless Loveless bolts

411875342.jpg

411875343.jpg

411875344.jpg

411875346.jpg

411875345.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks for looking!

Daniel Rohde

Love the koa with the white spacers and with a fine edge like that it will make a fine carver and have beef to chop too.

that is beautiful! I'm a sucker for Koa, and that's a seriously nice piece of koa!

Agree with Ausbrooks, those white liners really add some pop. Your plunges and the geometry of the choil area make for a really cool semi-bolster. Kinda Euro- but unique in your own way.

Love the koa with the white spacers and with a fine edge like that it will make a fine carver and have beef to chop too.
Thanks Brooks!

that is beautiful! I'm a sucker for Koa, and that's a seriously nice piece of koa!

Agree with Ausbrooks, those white liners really add some pop. Your plunges and the geometry of the choil area make for a really cool semi-bolster. Kinda Euro- but unique in your own way.

Thanks John! This is some really pretty Koa from J.Doyle. It's a little lighter than normal but with some nice dark curls...it fun to look at!

Beautiful and functional, That is what should be in every knife. You got it. Ed
Thanks Ed!

Very good looking overall. Clean lines and great attention to details.
Thanks Mate! That's what I was going for!

Still so much to learn and try....

Thanks for the comments Guys!

DR...

Thats a beauty. The colors really catch the eye. All bright and shiny and the wood plays well with the blade and liners.
Is making me a bit more hesitant for the one I'm making but it also shows what can be done with some perciverence.

Wow, Daniel. That's really a beautiful knife! I like the white liners with that terrific koa. Nice work all around.

Back