cheapest shop air cleaner around

I made a couple of these myself. All parts from Lowes. The fans were $16 each and I bought a few lengths of galvanized angle and some sheet metal screws to build the filter slots. I found a box of 24 filters for $20 on ebay. I have one unit in my shop that keeps down the airborne dust (though it is still important wear a respirator when working) and one in my basement gym (which gets a bit dusty at times). I've been using these for the last four months or so... and they've been working wonderfully. 2thumbs

This is a great idea that deserves a BUMP. :D

Erin
4400036042_fb1abda26f_o.jpg

Erin, does not look like you have used much of that G-11 I sent you that is under the fan. It has been almost a year now, do you need a refund?:p
Jim
G11B.gif

Erin, does not look like you have used much of that G-11 I sent you that is under the fan. It has been almost a year now, do you need a refund?:p
Jim

Good eye... :p

I got two boxes from you... a small one and a big one. I still have some left in the small box and have not even opened the big one. The mailman loves carrying this stuff by the way. :D

Knife #2 (JatMat G11)
3583684599_0bb8b4a685_o.jpg

Good eye... :p

I got two boxes from you... a small one and a big one. I still have some left in the small box and have not even opened the big one. The mailman loves carrying this stuff by the way. :D

Knife #2 (JatMat G11)
3583684599_0bb8b4a685_o.jpg
I love that knife! great job, now back regular programming, BTW: you can use 1/2'' or 5/8'' vinyl J channel for the filter frame, channel is also sold at Lowes, 12' stick should not be over 1.95.
Jim

Made one myself last week....could not believe how fast it got covered in black dust

I was really surprised at how quickly my filters got covered up, too. I've gotten to where I run it anytime I'm in the shop, not just when I'm grinding or sanding. Works much better than I expected.

Back