Change to Makers Mark

Freds Edge

I am making a small change to my Makers Mark , from block to cursive,wondered what
you folks think, thumbs up or down.Ritter Fred 32615 Logo.JPGNew Knife Makers Mark 9 22 2015.JPG

Thanks Brandant , I was looking to make it more artistic and since I do mostly folders now the block letters seemed to over power the blades and became the focus point.

Looks good. Is there a way to see others makers marks anywhere? I don't want to replicate someone else's accidentally.

Hey Jon, if you are desperate you can buy one of my folders to see mine. They are in blocked letters on the inside of the back bar.
Frank

I know you've likely heard me say this before, but I feel very strongly that at the very least you need to use your full last name. MANY times over the years I have had people stop by the shop, with a knife that only had initials or some obscure logo on it, asking me if I knew who made it, or could help them find the maker..... so they could order/buy another knife. With only initials or some logo marked on a knife, its impossilbe to know exactly who made it, and therefore impossible to find the maker.... If they can't find you, they can't order/buy another knife from you.

Sounds like a service that could be offered by someone who is handy with HTML... A site that allows makers to register their mark and their contact info.

Thats been tried.... the problem is makers actually registering their "mark", and those who buy knives knowing about the registry's existence. Generally speaking, humans simply will not work too hard at searching out information, and most of the time if they can't look at a knife and know who made it, or at least have a good idea of how to find the maker, they just give up and go on. :)

Thanks Ed for the info , I think I will add my last name in some way, not sure how but I am working on it.

Back