CERTIFIABLE KNIFE JUNKY

David Broadwell

KNIFE MAKER
Hi Folks,

I was told about Knife Dogs by my friend Delbert Ealy. I registered a few days ago and thought I should introduce myself. I've been making knives since the spring of 1981, full time since 1989. I make knives in a variety of styles from tactical to presentation to art, and I can and do make most anything with an edge except autos. I seem to be known for sub hilt fighters and my carving on both fixed blades and folders. I use a lot of damascus steel (mostly Delbert's) along with stainless.

I've been told that I live and breath knives. That's true, but I also like fine writing instruments which I make (mostly fountain pens), fly fishing, shooting (shot NRA Bullseye competitively several years ago), and riding and wrenching my Harley Sportster.

I've lived in Wichita Falls, Texas most of my life. I have two daughters, one still at home with me. I'm pretty involved with my church as well as other local organizations.

I'm looking forward to participating on Knife Dogs!

David

Hello David,
Glad to have you on KnifeDogs...

For those that don't know, David has created his own style you can recognize immediately as a Broadwell.
He has done a video on carving steel you can get here.

Let's google something up...

here is some old thing he threw together...
broadwell.jpg

Thanks for the plug, Tracy. I do have a video, and while I want to sell a few hundred thousand of them (that'd buy a lot of groceries!) I'm always happy to talk about my carving on the forum. The knife in the pic you posted is one of the wild little art pieces I make. It has damascus (Ealy's), cast bronze fittings, Montana jade handle, and cow and calf skin.

As I look around on this forum I see many familiar faces, and a bunch of new ones. Lots of great knives to look at and discuss with collectors and other makers. I really believe I'll enjoy being here.

Thanks,

David

Welcome Mr B,..glad to have you. remember not to lean too close to the belt now, we wouldnt want you to peel your forehead again :)

Back