Carpenter Micro-Melt 440-XH......Anybody using this?

So, I gather no one is using this. Scott could you take a look and see what you think? Any of you others that like metallurgy please comment.

i have asked questions about Carpenter steel here before and had no answers. Part of the issue maybe availability, only source I found has $150 minimum buy, a lot of money to see if you like a new steel. i would get some 440C and get process in control, then look at something like this.

Butch Harner uses a pot of Carpenter steels so you may wanna contact him. A-11/10V is amazing stuff no matter where you get it. The horror stories about how it kills belts are true. It doesn't just kill them, it mass murders them. LOL A 400X AO belt will be DEAD after 2-3 passes on a 3.5" blade. It will stay sharp until the cows come home though.

LOL...always the trade off......Thanks Darrin.

Yeah Scott, I don't want tp plunk down that much to try. McMaster gives me 30 days and no minimum. They're not the cheapest though. but always quality.

Shevtar, I think you're right. I think they changed the name a couple years back. Content looks the same and I can't find the 440-xh anywhere.

Back