Carbon chrome?

Oldnretired

I have an old steak knife that says "carbon chrome" on the blade. The last 1/16" or so of the point is dark but not rough. There are a few small rough spots (like a matte finish instead of mirror like around them........corrosion?
It was made by Henley & Co. probably mid century with a carved bone handle.
I'm not familiar with the name carbon chrome and an internet search just turned up a set with wooden handles similar to mine that also said carbon chrome on the blades. I did find another carving set by the same maker from I'd say around the same time frame that said "Henley & Co. Firth Stainless".
Any information on what carbon chrome is would be appreciated....................Thanks.

I would guess it's just a casual way of saying it is some kind of stainless, perhaps used as marketing jargon. Any of the many variations of stainless steels will have some percentage of carbon and chrome in it. In general stainless steel will have a chrome content over 12%, or so. The term "Carbon Chrome" could be any variation of the two elements.

I would guess it's just a casual way of saying it is some kind of stainless, perhaps used as marketing jargon. Any of the many variations of stainless steels will have some percentage of carbon and chrome in it. In general stainless steel will have a chrome content over 12%, or so. The term "Carbon Chrome" could be any variation of the two elements.
Yes probably marketing jargon.

My guess, without seeing a picture, is that it's a chrome plated carbon steel. Case was well known for doing this back in the day.

Back