... but WHERE ARE THE KNIVES?

The Burgh

I am new here to KD. Not new to knives, but relatively new in assembling a collection, a portfolio of fixed blades.

When I found this site, I spent time reading the rules, browsing the forums and sub-forums, reading "New Posts,' etc.. From my perspective, it looks like a wonderfully friendly place for all, especially so for knifemakers.

... but WHERE ARE THE KNIVES?

I have found makers' websites, makers' posts, makers' threads, but not knives. There are 30 Knife Makers who have sub-forums; don't know how many other participant makers without a sub-forum. I'm I wrong in assuming that knifemakers make knives for sale?

Soooooooooooooo, my simple (or simpleton's) question: Why aren't there more knives advertised in "Classified - For Sale?" It seems dormant.

Thanks for your patience and answers!

In my case most of my knives are gone before they are finished or they are custom orders. Knives made outside of those are inventory for small craft shows and rarely last the weekend. I have a small and medium size knife that I make for shows in many different combos. Never thought much about selling them here.

I use the forum as an information exchange place and as a source of gathering with my friends.

I have posted every knife I have made since joining Knife Dogs,most of them are in the custom knives or folding knives forum. You will have to look for them.
I don't think I have ever posted a knife on here for sale. The reason is,I don't need to,I sell all my knives by word of mouth,at shows or via contacts through my website or Facebook page and have now started with Instagram. I make knives for sale and I take custom orders.

Last edited:
Like Cal and George talk about, most are already targeted for a show or spoken for but I agree, I'd like to see more listed here also.
welcome to KD
t

I sell allot of my knives at a small gun store in my home town. If you go to my FB page and see something you are interested in, shoot me a email. I have been creating a stockpile of knives for a upcoming art fair.

Thanks
Steve

Thank you to all who responded.

It is as I suspected.

Frankly, I am very glad for handmade knifemakers to have no inventory, to have quich cash turnaround, to have appreciative audiences who admire their work the instant it is seen. One of my reasons for starting my collection was to subsidize these "artists" whose personal skills cannot be duplicated overseas, crafstmen who are part of the last bastion of Americans who earn (a hopefully good) income by artistic design and intricate manual execution.

I can easily abate my habit to "own" by knowing the above and by using more careful diligence in searching not only for "the knives" but also searching for the "up and comers" who might have a piece or two unsold. In the investment business, we call that a "growth" style of buying.

Glad to be here with you folks!

P.S. There seems to be a consistent flow of handmades, both new and used, over on that other blade forum. Why not here? Wish it were here!

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as the most of the guys. Everything I make is usually commissioned or sold quickly. I'm doing a show in Seattle in two weeks so I have a few knives for the show that are available.

I'll post some links to the pictures and you can email or send me a PM if you want some pricing info.

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?40680-Gambler-s-bowie

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?40700-Raised-clip-(harpoon)-hunter-in-walnut

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?40629-Big-W2-and-Koa-bowie-for-Seattle

Thank you to all who responded.

It is as I suspected.

Frankly, I am very glad for handmade knifemakers to have no inventory, to have quich cash turnaround, to have appreciative audiences who admire their work the instant it is seen. One of my reasons for starting my collection was to subsidize these "artists" whose personal skills cannot be duplicated overseas, crafstmen who are part of the last bastion of Americans who earn (a hopefully good) income by artistic design and intricate manual execution.

I can easily abate my habit to "own" by knowing the above and by using more careful diligence in searching not only for "the knives" but also searching for the "up and comers" who might have a piece or two unsold. In the investment business, we call that a "growth" style of buying.

Glad to be here with you folks!

P.S. There seems to be a consistent flow of handmades, both new and used, over on that other blade forum. Why not here? Wish it were here!

You can go to my website to see what I have available or contact me,I have other knives that are available that have not been put on the website yet. I'm in the process of making knives to take to The Blade Show so I have quite a few that are for sale at this time.

I have posted every knife I have made since joining Knife Dogs,most of them are in the custom knives or folding knives forum. You will have to look for them.
I don't think I have ever posted a knife on here for sale. The reason is,I don't need to,I sell all my knives by word of mouth,at shows or via contacts through my website or Facebook page and have now started with Instagram. I make knives for sale and I take custom orders.

Great face book page.

Back