What roller speed is optimum?
What size sprocket is best?
What size rollers do I need?
What material is best for the rollers?
What HP motor?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Thanks for the link! Lots of good information.
The one I am looking at I believe is a Delbert Eely design.
Maybe if he is out there he will chime in?

rolling_mill1.jpgrolling_mill2.jpg

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

I made some rollers once for a rolling mill. The rollers where 6 inch dia 4140

i think the ends necked down to 5 inch and one end got machined square for the driven end.

Mike I sold a rolling mill that I had that I had loaned to a friend for his shop. I do stock removal and did not need it. bought it to possibly do mokume but never got around to it.
He is moving and building a new house and ask If I might be interested in it back since it would be a couple of years before he got around to trying to forge again.
If you want I will check with him and tell him to contact you.
Percy

It is down here in Lufkin and is a great deal for one. I will check and make sure he will still sell and let you all know.

Randy has the rolling mill that I sold and he is going to sell it since he has bought some proplerty and will no be working on knives for a long while. It is really worth looking into for someone that wants one.
He will take the $700 that I sold it to him for. I got it from a die maker in Houston several years ago even though I did not forge I thought I might use it to do some Mokume but never did. I put in into a knifemakers shop and he used it and then I wanted to sell it so I went and got it and that is how Randy Smith got it.
Call me or msg me if you are interested and I will get you two together.

percy 936-288-1690

Back